Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jump the Barrel To See This One!


Matt and I finally signed up with Netflix, after deliberating for, well... years, really. So far, so good. The movies arrive very quickly, and it prevents us from scratching our heads in front of the walls of DVDs at those movie stores. We've just been two kids in a candy store on the Netflix website, where we search all the movies we love or will come to love. We've rented some old-school movies that takes us on a stroll down memory lane, and we have been very impressed with a few flicks that we never caught in the theater, (or weren't willing to pay $20 bucks for)! Here's just a few we've received by mail, that are worth a noting...
1. Hero (2004) We had seen this before, and I was still in awe at the film's beauty and depth. Those COLORS!!!
2. Persepolis (2008) A foreign animated film that was an Oscar nominee. I would own this one. It was eye-opening.
3. Never Cry Wolf (1983) A classic "outdoors experience" from the 80's. Has a documentary style, and I love the narration and that it's based on a true story.
4. Mac n' Me (1988) Ok, I moved this up on the list, cuz I was dying to see that adorable little big-eyed, puffy cheek alien. It was completely cheesy and completely perfect to poke fun at. :)
5. The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (2007) I literally just finished watching this one. This movie is FANTASTIC! It's moving. It's funny. It's true detail to the lives of gamers. Another one I would definitely add to the collection.

I would highly recommend all but #4... unless you come from the Roe family and want to laugh at the movie we used to adore as kids!

1 comment:

Justin said...

Isn't it funny the things we loved as kids, which we now fully recognize as crap as adults?